Jul 11, 2009

Spot tracking

Many of you know that I am going to be taking a long motorcycle ride this summer and blogging the whole trip. As of now it will begin on Aug 15th and last for about 2 months. I will start in Denver on a KLR 650 motorcycle, head north to the Arctic Ocean and then south to Cozumel. It will be about 16 thousand miles by the end. I will be writing for a magazine in Southern California (www.adventuremotorcycle.com) and also working to bring awareness to the national safety council's anti cell phone driving initiative. The trip is looking good and I am hoping that my writing is fun and interesting and can take Tony's Follies to a new level.
One of the new things that you will see on the blog is a tracking device called a spot.
http://findmespot.com/barf/

This device will allow me to be tracked every 10 min and will hopefully keep the story more interesting and fun! the map feature will look like this one :
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0zJt7xhiqZ8oClqMteLDVWR1hrAA0k0NN

I would be interested in your feedback as to this part of the trip and the blog entries. There will actually be a map on each blog entry with my actual location. Even if the blog was updated a day or two before when I found and internet connection the SPOT device should show my current location.
Would love to hear your comments on it!

Have a great day!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment