Feb 26, 2009

Wilma part 2



October 20 2005 1:32 pm.

Thursday in Cozumel.

18 hours till Wilma says “howdy”.

Well, It seems there is an increase in intensity already. Just wind for now but spotty showers as well. People are still off rushing about and the hammering and pounding still resounds all around. I just finished prepping the house. It has boards up on the glass windows, wood shutters are fine without, propane tanks unhooked and stowed, light fluffy things put away safe and the dive room is secure. We have all the provisions we need and are just hoping we have electricity as long as possible. It is going to get a little boring without it. I guess we would have to talk or something?? Hehehe!!!

There is a mandatory curfew rumor that is supposed to last from 3pm today until Saturday morning. I am not sure if it will be enforced but I will try to get out and take some pix for as long as I can safely. Now that will be a hoot!!


Latest info says the little lady is moving so slow it may sit on us for 20-30 hours. With winds whipping about at 145 mph and above it should make for an interesting weekend. I guess Carlos and Charlies will be closed. Can’t buy alcohol anyway says the big guys. I am going to save my batteries on the computer when the power goes out but write updates and save them. My camera is charged so I will hope to take lots of pix.


Encarna says that people are busy but calm. They are fresh off Emily and not too tense. It is almost scary how lightly people seem to be taking it. I am with them. There is nothing more we can do about it but wait for it to come. People are going to the other side just to see the big waves hitting the east shore. The police are stopping them so the don’t get stuck over there.

We are going to get on the motorcycle and check some stuff out. Let you know how that goes in the next update!!

Let the adventure continue!

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment