Aug 22, 2009

I love Canadians

The boarder crossing was relatively painless today.



Just before the port of entry I came across a stranded biker named Orville.



He was on one knee looking at his wounded mount when I arrived. He seemed happy to see me and when I asked what was wrong he said his brake caliper had come loose and the missing bolt was somewhere down the road behind us. Good luck finding the thing.






Luckily Lyle had made me take some spart nuts and bolts. Just random ones mind you but a few odds and ends. Sure enough there was a bolt that was exactly what Orville needed in that bag.


I even had some red locktite to ensure such maladies do not befall the new bolt. It was his lucky day an of course with a captive audience I preached the gospel of not driving while using a cell phone. I hope he heard that part.



Not a ton to see in this part of the continent but I did run across some nice Canadian folks at the city camp site in Champion Alberta. Jeff was a safety officer of some sort and Todd was a fireman and salesman of some sort. I guess I should have got more detail.

Turns out Jeff owned an KLR a few years ago and was really excited about my ride and scuba diving. Once again I preached the gospel and they all agreed with me. They liked my rant so much they invited me to there mega mobile land cruisers for a beer and some camp fire cheer. I stayed just long enough to almost wear out my welcome and then came back to my side of the campground to do my vid and write a little.


Gonna try and adjust my carburetor a little tomorrow if I get a chance. Or maybe I should wait until Calgary just incase I mess something up. Pretty good idea that. I’m glad I thought of it.

Hope you like this little video. Still trying to figure out the sound. Youtube seems to mess with it when after I post it. My version sounds really well balanced. Maybe I should change the music?


Hope you like this


Let the adventure continue!

Where is Scubatony now?



No comments:

Post a Comment