Aug 18, 2009

Media kickoff





I was a little nervous today. It was finally the day when I would begin my ride but worse for me was that I was the center of a media event for the first time. Before I was always on the sidelines watching it. I was Particularly nervous after the chief of the state police and the congresswoman Levy from Colorado were the ones I had to follow.







Then Dave Teater got up there and did such a great job and led me into the podium it all came together. With cameras in my face and rapidly getting sunburn I said my 6 min worth and felt much better. Then the chief called me back up and made me an honorary trooper and gave me a couple of awards that will go with me to Alaska and beyond. It was a great success and I hope there will be many more like it. The local press did show up and there have been a couple of stories and articles already released.










Here are some pix of the day.






Where is Scubatony now?

No comments:

Post a Comment