Aug 13, 2009

Trackable

It's official! I am now track able. The link at the bottom is the address to my page for SPOT devices. Clicking it should give you a live update of my current location. The map you see is a google type map with a little bubble that shows where I am at that time. I will most likely turn the device off while sleeping to save battery life but it will remain active at all times while I am traveling. If you click on the satellite or Hybrid views on the upper right of the map you will get a more detailed view of my location and of course you can zoom and scroll around like any google map as well.
Big thanks to Dave Teater for sponsoring the unit. It also offers me a little security as it has a 911 button that I can push in case of emergency and a checkin button so I can send an OKEY DOKEY to friends and family. Mostly I think it will help to keep a more current bit of data to my upcoming ride.

Lets hope I never need the 911 button.
the countdown is official.

visit www.ridetheamericas.com to see the timer and the website.

let the adventure continue!
Tony


http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=00cXRLik9Y2DPVbYh5UBktLKoH0Jb6lOs

No comments:

Post a Comment