Sep 14, 2009

Back in the US of A


These are the continuing stories of Scubatony as he travels across the continent for Ride the Americas. The 16 thousand mile journey is focused on raising awareness for the National Safety Council's anti-cellphone while driving initiative. Blog post are almost daily and include lots of pictures and stories and a funny video or two. Follow along and enjoy your ride!





The last days ride into Vancouver was really nice. I saw the terrain change a bit as I came down out of the mountains to the coast. Strange for me as I had been paralleling lakes and rivers and streams for the past 3 weeks and suddenly I was on the Pacific ocean. It confused me there for a while just getting my bearings again.





This is a fresh picture of Dave at Marble canyon campground. You can read more about him and his adventures at www.davestravelpages.com



















This is Erika. I found her in Squamish inn by the water. She is the daughter of Gene and Marylin who I am staying with for a couple days. She runs a hotel there and lives in Whistler. I think I am her uncle or second uncle or second cousins uncle? I don't know how that stuff works.





This is my buddy Russ! We met in Cozumel a few months ago and he was kind enough to show me around and put me up for the night in Vancouver. He is a volunteer at the aquarium there and helps with research projects. He is planning on a project down in Playa del Carmen to track and protect the bull sharks that are becoming so popular there in the winter time.




There was a fire burning nearby on the east side of the mountain range. It filled the air with the smell and smoke for 40 miles.









This is the stream I was chasing up into Whistler. That place is a lot like Aspen. Seems all the rich folks from Vancouver have their winter place so they can ski







The vistas on this side of range were just fantastic. Funny how it changed so dramatically in such a short distance. I think the mountain range traps all the rain on the Vancouver side.
So tomorrow early I am off down the pacific coast to see my friend Casey for a few days. Portland is a cool town and I should get some good pix. I will also try to get some pix of Seattle today. I really like the skyline there. Well for a big city anyway.





Where is Scubatony now?

No comments:

Post a Comment