Sep 16, 2009

News In Portland

These are the continuing stories of Scubatony as he travels across the continent for Ride the Americas. The 16 thousand mile journey is focused on raising awareness for the National Safety Council's anti-cellphone while driving initiative. Blog post are almost daily and include lots of pictures and stories and a funny video or two. Follow along and enjoy your ride!







Seattle didn't seem interested in the story when I arrived so I had a really nice visit with my family Gene and Marylin and just took a nice day off.
However Portland has been very busy. I like this city a lot. Casey and Brenda have been taking very good care of me. They even got me an amazing message today as a gift. Wow! I didn't realize how much the ride everyday had knotted me up. I feel a new man now and ready to cruise the Oregon coast.


Last night was my first Live TV spot of the trip. KGW channel 8 has a local show called Live at the Square at 7 pm so I think that is prime time? I was really nervous when I got up there with all the lights and cameras but once it started it went really well.






Here is the link:
http://www.kgw.com/video/thesquare-index.html?nvid=398786
Would love to hear your comments on the issue.

Big thanks to Casey for getting the behind the scenes pictures.


Where is Scubatony now?

No comments:

Post a Comment