Sep 18, 2009

Oregon Love

These are the continuing stories of Scubatony as he travels across the continent for Ride the Americas. The 16 thousand mile journey is focused on raising awareness for the National Safety Council's anti-cellphone while driving initiative. Blog post are almost daily and include lots of pictures and stories and a funny video or two. Follow along and enjoy your ride!

The last couple days have been really great! It is so nice to be among friends and family when I have been on the road so long. Here are some pix of the last couple days.



This is actually in Olympia. It always surprises me just how "GREEN" the US has become. I think Seattle and Portland are leading the way. This is just way too considerate! Free poo bags, how sweet!







This little flower was just too cute to pass up. Anyone know what type it is?








This is Gene and Marylin. They took such good care of me while I was in Olympia. I keep saying Seattle. My bad. I think Marylin looks so good in her new eclipse. It was the first time I had been in a car for a month. Felt so strange to not be on 2 wheels.







This is what the little mule looks like after I finally get all that Alaska mud off of it. First chance to give her a bath since I left Denver last month. Incidentally, I just clicked over 8000 miles on the clock! Roughly half way down the road to Coz!






My Bestest buddy Casey doing an early Bday celebration pic. He and Brenda took me around the town and got me to my interviews then took me to HUGE texas size sushi and really good beer! OMG my stomach was in shock. Especially last night when it was back to top romen noodles and canned corn.





The Oregon coast was worth the wait. This is just south of Lincoln city when I got to the coast. The road was a little annoying to me actually. After being up north in BC where there are so many amazing roads and no cars anywhere the traffic got on my nerves in a hurry.





Every turn brings you to another vista of water and little islands. I was sliding the fog the whole way. It went from sunny to wet and foggy constantly throughout the day.

So I am taking the road slow now and actually taking an extra day to get to my sister's place near San Francisco. I have never been in the north part of California even though I grew up in the state. So I am taking it all in and enjoying the ride. Ride ON!!! Rubber down


Where is Scubatony now?

No comments:

Post a Comment