Sep 10, 2009

getting warm now sorta

These are the continuing stories of Scubatony as he travels across the continent for Ride the Americas. The 16 thousand mile journey is focused on raising awareness for the National Safety Council's anti-cellphone while driving initiative. Blog post are almost daily and include lots of pictures and stories and a funny video or two. Follow along and enjoy your ride!

It has been another great day of riding! I have had fair weather, still no sun but at least not rain, and tomorrow through the weekend is looking down right hot by comparison. So the future looks bright!
Ran across another duo of seasoned travelers today. Ollie and Sabastine were from Germany and had been on the road close to 2 years. They started in Asia and have been pedaling along having all sorts of adventures. THey said they would stop by in Cozumel to visit when they get to Mexico.

This poor little guy looks like he is hanging on for a ride but he is actually splatto!


And speaking of Mexico the Jerry from Germany who owns this campground was wearing a Cozumel T shirt today when I met him. I wish I would have got his picture. He and his wife were in Coz last January. They said it was really cold there that day. Must have been a Norte. Super nice folks that run a small campground just south of Prince George.
The night is a little warmer today. I am getting really tuned to such things The thermometer says 52 so that is way better than it has been. It also got dark earlier today. 8 pm and I needed my flashlight to make dinner. Who took my sunshine? Things are changin fast but I still have a chill full time. Hopefully when I get to Vancouver it will be sunny!!

This is a natural funnel in the river where the local people are catching salmon. Many of them they just measure tag and release to keep track of numbers. I spoke with a really nice girl there and she said this was a terrible year for fishing. Numbers are down everywhere. Some of the families could not get their full alotment this season. Many of the fish were in the water too long also and starting to die.
Looking forward to spending some time with friends and family over the next couple weeks. Not as much camping for this traveler which I have to admit is okay with me. Being cold and dirty all the time does get a little old after awhile even for me. I did get a haircut today so I would look presentable to the fine folks that will be putting me up for a while.
RIde on Ride on. Send comments on the vids if you want to see anything particular.
Big thanks to Pat of the technical advice on putting them together. Hope I can continue to improve them as I go.




Where is Scubatony now?

No comments:

Post a Comment